The leagues have been confirmed as reverting back to 12 team leagues, rather than the two 6-team splits of the last four seasons. There is one new side that the First Team have never faced, Sizewell Argyle and one that only the Reserves have played Eastern Electricity Old Boys. Below is a run down of the other nine sides the First Team will meet this campaign.
- We were beaten by Bucklesham in the Sunday Shield back in 2015. They were relegated from the Premier after one winless season.
- Playford have not faced Greshams since 2006 but had three clean sheets in the last three matches. Their home ground is unlucky for Playford, no side has won their since 2007 despite six attempts. (also see Taverners)
- It has been four seasons since Holbrook Swan were last in the Premier. We played them twice last season as they won the RM1A Winter league. We lost 1-0 on the opening day but got a draw at home.
- We collected two wins and two clean sheets against Laxfield United. After they beat our Reserves Team, containing Todd Bartlett, in the Cup Final in 2017, he has since scored three past them. Former Playford player Lee Johnson and former Wolves striker Colin Taylor play for them.
- We have not lost Martlesham Old Boys in the last two seasons and have a record of four wins and a draw in the last six meetings.
- Pauls Athletic beat us to the MB1B Spring title. We have faced each other ten times and the aggregate score is 32-31 in Paulsí favour.
- Playford and Rushmere Lions shared one win a piece last season.
- The First Team have not played Taverners since 2012, but the Reserves lost twice to them in 2016. Taverners also play their home games at Greshams giving us two chances of winning there this season.
- Kieran Daniels has four goals against the The Feathers and we are unbeaten in all four meetings with them.
In matches against next seasonís opponents the leading scorers are Nick Bingham 16, Rene Swann 12, Keiran Daniels 11, Ash King 9 and Mark Bulstrode and Rob Bingham with 7.